Wednesday, February 16 is, at last, approaching. There will be 100 original fiber collages available on that date with 100% of the proceeds being donated directly to the American Cancer Society.
A complete preview will be available on Tuesday, February 15 so you can study all the collages and pick your favs. If you want an early preview of some of the collages, just scroll down through the past blog posts for interviews with the ONE artists and a preview of one of their collages.
Please read through the guidelines and tips below so you will be ready to acquire your favorite artworks.
1. On Wednesday, February 16, ONE Hundred Collages will be offered with a minimum donation for each collage of:
$160 for two hours (10 a.m. – Noon CST)
$80 for two hours (Noon – 2:00 p.m. CST)
$40 for two hours (2:00 – 4:00 p.m. CST)
2. E-mail me at Virginia(at)VirginiaSpiegel.com on February 16 during a specific time period that you wish to choose an artwork for at least the minimum donation requested for that time period. Please be specific about your donation so I know that YOU know what the minimum donation is for the time period.
3. Feel free to donate a bit more than the minimum requested donation if you can — 100% goes to the ACS for cancer research, education, and support. Our crazy goal is to raise at least $8000 in just six hours.
4. The first e-mail received requesting a specific artwork for at least the minimum donation for the time period will be accepted. I’m not responsible for any vagaries of the internet; I will work with the artwork requests as they pop up on my computer from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. CST (or earlier if we sell out – wouldn’t that be great?!)
The artwork will be marked PENDING on the webpage and all other requests will be put on a wait list until the donation via credit card is promptly made. Notice the word PROMPTLY. Because our window for each level is only two hours, you must make your donation as soon as I let you know that you have “won” the artwork you requested.
It will probably be a little wild and crazy. Please remember it’s just me. I will post SOLDs as quickly as possible. See #5 below for a good strategy.
5. You may indicate multiple choices in one e-mail and you may include a list of artwork in priority order. For example: “I would like Artist A’s collage Sky, but if that is not available, I would like to choose Artist B’s collage Earth for a donation of $160” Or “I would like three or as many as possible from this list of five artworks. I will make a donation of $– for each artwork.”
6. Once you have received confirmation from me that you are the new owner of the artwork on February 16, please proceed immediately to Fiberart For A Cause’s ACS donation page and make a donation with a credit card directly to the ACS. Please note the donation will be through the Relay For Life of Forest Lake, MN. This is correct as my sister is chair of the Forest Lake Relay (one of the ACS’s largest grassroots fundraisers). You will then receive an immediate electronic receipt from the American Cancer Society and the artwork will be marked SOLD. Thanks to the generosity of the invited artists, 100% of the proceeds are donated directly to the American Cancer Society.
7. Do not make a donation until you have been notified that you are the winner of an artwork(s) as there are no refunds as all your donations are made directly to the American Cancer Society (see #6 above for details.)
7. All collages contain fiber, are mounted to 10″x8″ (except as noted), and are ready for framing.
8. Your artwork will be shipped directly from the artist and the shipping is included in the requested donation. Please thank the artists for their additional generosity in shipping out all their artwork. Your e-mail address will be shared with the artist who will contact you to arrange shipping. It will take a bit to notify all the artists and for them to ship out the artwork. Please let me know if you haven’t received your artwork by the end of the month.
Please contact me if you have any questions about ONE Hundred Collages on Wednesday, February 16.
Thank you to all the artists who have so generously donated artwork and thank YOU for your support of Fiberart For A Cause, fundraising for the American Cancer Society.