All the info on how to be one of the lucky 100 Patrons of THE 100 beginning at 10 a.m. Central on February 4 is here, but there are ways to make your participation go more smoothly. Q&A #2:
1. How can I be sure my Request to Donate won’t go to your spam folder? I’m pretty sure I won’t have a lot of time to check my spam folder while the event is in progress. If you would like to be sure your Request to Donate does not go in my spam folder on February 4, send a trial message before February 4 to Virginia(at)VirginiaSpiegel.com
2. What if I would like more than one artwork? Just indicate the number you would like in your Request to Donate. Each artwork requires a donation of $100. If you are one of the lucky Patrons and artwork is still available I will send a reply to your Request along these lines, “You are one of the lucky Patrons! Here is the special link to donate. Please donate $200 for the 2 artwork you have requested.”
Night Windows by Terry Grant
More info about this artwork
3. Why won’t I hear back immediately that I am or am not one of the lucky 100 Patrons? Please remember it’s just me fielding Requests to Donate, making sure donations have been made, and making sure that there are 100 and only 100 Patrons. Patience and a sense of humor are always needed during a fundraiser. Thank you for yours!
4. How is the artwork is assigned? A third party will do the assigning using a random number generator. I won’t know which artwork goes where until the spreadsheet with the assignments is forwarded to me after the event. I think it’s exciting knowing that you might receive any of the stunning artworks made by THE 100 Artists. It’s like hitting the jackpot since the artists are a veritable Who’s Who!
5. If I am one of the 100 Patrons, how will I know whose artwork I will receive? You will receive an e-mail from your artist. The 100 generous and talented artists are listed here. If you don’t receive an e-mail by February 11 from an artist, contact me ASAP.
Orange Fiesta by Gerri Congdon
6. What about shipping? THE 100 Artists are not only donating the artwork, but also shipping it to you. Remember THE 100 Artists are from around the world, so shipping may be quite expensive for them. In every case, please thank your artist for their generosity.
See more of the wonderful artwork for THE 100 on our Pinterest board, maintained by Deborah Boschert.