A Year of Art opens on this coming Tuesday, February 12 and continues on Wednesday, February 13. It’s two days of fiber-licious fundraising for the American Cancer Society. Here are five quick tips to help you join the fun:
1. Our goal is $8000 to add to the $220,000 we have already donated directly to the American Cancer Society. There are two ways to participate:
2. I’m really not a bossy boots (OK, maybe a little), but fundraising for the last eight years has taught me that organization is the key to a fun fundraiser. Please read through the directions (general and specific) NOW and shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions or if you want to make sure your e-mail doesn’t go in my junk mail file on February 12 or 13.
3. I’ll be at the computer acknowledging your donations/bids from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Tuesday, February 12 and Wednesday, February 13. Remember, it’s just me; your patience is always appreciated.
4. The link to the donation page will be live when the event opens. There is only one place to donate on February 12 and 13 and only one button to click to donate directly to the American Cancer Society. All donations are made by credit card directly to the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For A Cause/Forest Lake Relay For Life. You will receive an immediate electronic receipt from the ACS. It’s easy-peasy really, but don’t be shy about asking questions now.
5. Since the prize for the drawing is so huge (worth more than $1550 with 27 donations from our Inspiration Sponsors), why not form a consortium with a friend, donate at least $50 and enter twice under one of your names? Twice the chance to win! What if your entire quilt group pooled its funds and entered? If you already own some of the great books and DVDs, why not on sharing your bounty with your local library, guild, school, etc.
See you this Tuesday, February 12, and thank you for your support of this Fiberart For A Cause fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. When generous fiber artists and patrons join together, wonderful things happen!